Tour & Activity Plan
The tour and activity plan is a planning tool for best practices to be prepared for safe and fun adventure. Completing the plan may not address all possible challenges, but it can help ensure that appropriate planning has been conducted, that qualified and trained leadership is in place, and that the right equipment is available for the adventure.
The Tour & Activity Plan is Online only. We will not be accepting any paper forms.
You will need to log in to www.myscouting.org and select the tour and activity plan under your “Unit Tool.”
In addition, the plan helps to organize safe and appropriate transportation to and from an event, and defines driver qualifications and minimum limits of insurance coverage for drivers and vehicles used to transport participants.
Please complete and submit this plan at least 21 days in advance to ensure there is enough time to review the plan and assist as necessary.
Times when a tour and activity plan must be submitted for council review include the following:
- Trips of 500 miles or more; or
- Trips outside of council borders or
- Trips to Florida Sea Base, Northern Tier, Philmont Scout Ranch, Summit Bechtel Reserve (you will be asked to present a copy of your tour and activity plan upon arrival), national Scout jamboree, National Order of the Arrow Conference, or a regionally sponsored event; or
- When conducting any of the following activities outside of council or district events:
- Aquatics activities (swimming, boating, floating, scuba, etc.)
- Climbing and rappelling
- Orientation flights (process flying plan)
- Shooting sports
- Any activities involving motorized vehicles as part of the program (snowmobiles, boating, etc.); or
- At a council's request
Regardless, the tour and activity plan is an excellent tool that should be included in preparation for all activities, even those not requiring it. It guides a tour leader through itineraries, travel arrangements, two-deep leadership, supervision qualifications, and transportation.
If you are traveling less than 500 miles, within the council’s borders and are not conducting one of the following activities: Aquatics activities (swimming, boating, floating, scuba, etc.), Climbing and rappelling, Orientation flights (process flying plan), Shooting sports, Any activities involving motorized vehicles as part of the program (snowmobiles, boating, etc.) you DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT A TOUR PLAN.
The tour plan is Online only. You will need to log in to www.myscouting.org and select the tour and activity plan under your “Unit Tool.”
Tour and Activity Plan FAQs